Today I went to Toastmasters near BCIT.
I do a lot to learn. I was trying very hard to figure out why I can’t goto swardle.com and it doesn’t just redirect me to www.swardle.com/blog.
- .htaccessto do a redirect.
- Create a default.html or index.html so I could at least have a link to my blog.
It turns out .htaccess was correct I just had to flush my web browsers cache.
I have setup lots of toys and spent most of the day on it. Wikis and blogs and joomla oh my.
Today I created a website. Welcome to the 1990s! Mind you with the new tools it is much easier than it was when I was going to school.
Setting up a web site is pretty easy.
- Registers a domain name (www.godaddy.com in my case)
- Found a hosting service (I used www.bluehost.com)
- Start playing with the host configuration (blue host uses cPanel)